High school graduation is a big deal for kids and teens of all ages. You no longer have to wake up early or wear a uniform to school. It is true that people with degrees in the PCM fields have the most career options. Most students in India don’t have clear ideas about what they want to do after they finish their current course of study. If you are a member of the same club, you can read this blog post about the best career options after 12th Maths.
5 Best Courses and their respective Career Options for PCM students
1. B. Tech Chemical Engineering
B.Tech in Chemical Engineering is one of the most popular engineering disciplines and is known for its highly interdisciplinary nature. It combines the study of various traditional engineering subjects such as mathematics, chemistry, physics and thermodynamics with that of more specialized topics such as biochemistry, process design and reaction engineering. This course gives one of the best careers out of all career options after 12th PCM.
There are many career options available for students who have done B.Tech in Chemical Engineering. Some of the popular options are:
- Process Engineer: A Process Engineer is responsible for designing and optimizing industrial processes. They work in various industries like oil and gas, petrochemical, pharmaceutical, etc.
- Chemical Sales Engineer: A Chemical Sales Engineer is responsible for selling chemical products and services to industrial and commercial customers.
2. B. Tech in Electronics
- Tech Electronics is a four-year undergraduate program that trains students in the field of electronics and electrical engineering. The coursework for this degree includes classes on circuit analysis, digital systems, microprocessors, and electromagnetics. Students who complete this degree will be prepared to enter careers in the electronics and electrical engineering industries. It is one of the best career options after 12th Maths.
There are a number of career options for students who have done B. Tech Electronics. Some of the most popular options include:
- Electronics Engineer: working as an engineer in various industries such as telecommunications, automobile, consumer electronics, etc.
- Researcher: Joining the research and development team of any research-oriented company.
- Teacher: Working as a teacher or professor in any engineering college or university.
- Engineer in the Governments sector: Taking up a job in the government sector in various organizations such as Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL), Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL), etc.
3. B.Sc Physics
Through the years of a BSc Physics degree, students learn about a wide variety of topics related to the physical world. The first year starts with an introduction to the basic principles of physics, including mechanics, electricity and magnetism, thermal physics and waves. In the second year, students build on this knowledge by learning about more complex topics such as optics, quantum mechanics and nuclear physics. The final year allows students to specialise in an area of interest and carry out their own research project. This course gives students one of the best research careers among all career options after 12th PCM.
There are many different career options available to students who have completed a B. Sc in Physics. Here are just a few of the possibilities:
- Physics Teacher: This is a great option for those who enjoy working with students and teaching the principles of physics.
- Research Scientist: If you enjoy conducting experiments and researching new ideas, a career in physics research could be a great fit for you.
4. B.Sc in Statistics
BSc Statistics is the study of the collection, analysis, interpretation, presentation, and organization of data.
Statistical methods are used in a variety of fields, including economics, finance, health care, social sciences, and engineering. Statisticians use their skills to design surveys and experiments, to collect and analyse data, and to build statistical models. They use their knowledge of probability and Statistics distributions to draw conclusions from data. If you want a career in Maths then this gives you the best opportunities among all career options after 12th PCM.
There are numerous career options for students who have completed their B. Sc in Statistics. Here are some of the most popular career paths:
- Actuary: Actuaries use their knowledge of statistics and mathematics to assess risk and predict the likelihood of future events. They work in a variety of industries, including insurance, finance, and consulting.
- Data Analyst: Data analysts use their statistical skills to collect, analyze, and interpret data. They work in a variety of industries, including business, government, and healthcare.
5. Bachelor in Fashion Technology
The coursework in a Bachelor of Fashion Technology program covers a broad range of topics, from textile science to computer-aided design (CAD) to patternmaking. Students also take classes in business management and marketing, as well as courses specific to the fashion industry. Many programs include an internship component, which gives students the opportunity to gain hands-on experience in the field. This one will give you the best career options in fashion industry among all career options after 12th PCM.
There are a number of career options available for students who have completed their Bachelor in Fashion Technology. Here are a few of the most popular options:
- Fashion Designer: As a fashion designer, you will be responsible for creating new designs and collections, as well as overseeing the production of your designs.
- Fashion Stylist: As a fashion stylist, you will be responsible for selecting the clothing and accessories for photo shoots, runway shows, and other events.
Things to remember while switching from PCM to other streams
1. Commerce stream
The decision to switch from science to commerce can be difficult, but it can be the right choice for some students.
But, if you’re up for the challenge, it can be a great way to change things up and learn new things. Commerce stream presents some of the best career options after 12th Maths.
As a science student, you’re used to dealing with difficult concepts. However, when it comes to commerce, the focus is more on practical application. This can be a challenge, but with a little bit of effort, you can definitely master it.
One of the great things about being a science student is that you have superb calculating skills. This will come in handy when you’re dealing with business matters.
For a better future, prepare for CA, CS, and CMA examinations during graduation. These examinations are essential if you want to have a successful career in commerce. So, if you’re thinking about making the switch to commerce, make sure you’re prepared for these exams.
If you want to further your education after graduation, pursuing an MBA can be a great option. These programs will give you the skills and knowledge you need to be successful in the business world.
2. Arts stream
Are you thinking of switching from the Science stream to the Arts stream? Here are some things you should know before making your decision.
Science-to-arts is simpler than art-to-science. This is because the Arts stream is more flexible and allows you to take a variety of courses. You’ll also find that the workload in the Arts stream is lighter than in the Science stream.
You’ll need to write lengthy replies to questions you could answer in half a page in Science or Math. This is because in the Arts stream, you’ll be expected to show your understanding of the topic in greater depth.
Depending on the topics you choose, you’ll need to review what your classmates learned in 11th and 12th. This is because the Arts stream covers a wide range of topics, and you may not have studied all of them in depth in your previous classes.
Arts will present some of the most unique options among all career options after 12th PCM. Some of them include Hotel Manager, Journalist, Film Maker, and Graphics Designer. These are just a few of the many career options available to you if you choose to switch to the Arts stream.