One of the most important things you can do in your life is finish high school. It is the start of the aspirant’s career and helps shape his or her future. After 12th PCB, students can choose from a wide range of options. Students can choose from a wide range of worthwhile majors and careers, like those of a doctor, professor, or pharmacist. In turn, this will help them grow as professionals and earn more money.
In this article, we will present you with the 5 best courses after 12th science biology and give some tips regarding switching from this stream.
5 Best Courses after 12th Science biology and their respective Career Options
1. MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery)
In India, MBBS students’ study for four and a half years, followed by one year of internship. The curriculum is divided into two parts – pre-clinical and para-clinical. In the first three years, students are taught subjects like human anatomy, physiology, biochemistry and medical microbiology. In the last two years, they are introduced to clinical subjects such as medicine, surgery, ophthalmology etc. After graduating, students have to do a one-year internship in order to be eligible for registration with the Medical Council of India (MCI). This is one of the most popular career options after 12th Biology.
There are a number of career options available for MBBS graduates. Here are a few of the career options for MBBS graduates:
- General Practitioners: General practitioners provide primary care to patients and are typically the first point of contact for patients when they have health concerns. They work in both private practices and public clinics.
- Hospital Doctors: Hospital doctors work in a variety of settings, including general hospitals, specialty hospitals, and community hospitals. They provide care to patients with a wide range of medical conditions.
2. BHMS (Bachelor of Homeopathy Medicine and Surgery)
BHMS is a four-year undergraduate degree course in homeopathy medicine and surgery. The course curriculum covers all aspects of homeopathic theory and practice, including anatomy, physiology, pathology, pharmacology, materia medica (the study of medicinal substances) and repertory (a reference work listing remedy for different diseases). It is among the best career options after 12th Biology if someone wants to build a career in homeopathy.
In addition to their regular studies, students also complete clinical training in both outpatient and inpatient settings.
After completing BHMS, there are many different career options available to students. Here are just a few of the most popular options:
- Homeopathic Physician: Homeopathic physicians use homeopathic medicines to treat patients. They may also provide other services such as counselling and lifestyle advice.
- Homeopathic Researcher: Homeopathic researchers conduct research on homeopathic medicines and their effects.
3. BAMS (Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery)
In recent years, there has been an increasing interest in the study of Ayurvedic medicine and surgery (BAMS). This traditional system of medicine is based on the principles of balance and harmony between the body and mind.
The goal of BAMS education is to prepare students to become competent practitioners of this holistic system of medicine. During their studies, students learn about the theory and practice of Ayurveda, as well as how to diagnose and treat diseases using natural methods. This is one of the best courses after 12th science biology for anyone who wants to build a career in ayurveda.
There are many career options available for students who have completed BAMS. Here are a few of the most popular options:
- Ayurvedic Doctor: One of the most obvious career choices for BAMS graduates is to become an Ayurvedic doctor. Ayurvedic doctors are responsible for diagnosing and treating patients using the principles of Ayurveda.
- Ayurvedic Consultant: Consultants provide guidance and advice to clients on the use of Ayurvedic principles for various purposes, such as health and wellness, beauty, and stress management.
4. B.Sc. (Bachelor of Science)
B.Sc. (Bachelor of Science) is an undergraduate degree course which generally lasts for 3 years. The subjects covered in a B.Sc. degree program depend upon the chosen specialization area but some of the common subjects include mathematics, physics, chemistry, biology and computer science. This is one of the go-to courses after 12th science biology if you want to have an overall knowledge about science and not just biology.
Students pursuing B.Sc. (Hons.) have to study fewer subjects as compared to those pursuing a regular B.Sc. degree program as they specialize in one particular subject area right from the beginning.
There are many career options available for students who have completed a B.Sc. degree. Some of the most popular options include:
- Pursuing further studies: Students who have completed a B.Sc. degree can pursue further studies in the form of a master’s degree or a PhD. This can help them specialize in a particular field of science and open up more career opportunities.
- Working in a scientific research organization:Sc. graduates can find employment in scientific research organizations, where they can use their knowledge and skills to contribute to important research projects.
5. BPT (Bachelors of Physiotherapy)
In BPT (Bachelors of Physiotherapy), students learn to provide therapeutic treatments to patients suffering from physical impairments. The coursework covers topics such as human anatomy, physiology, and biomechanics. Students also learn how to use various physiotherapy techniques and equipment. This course provides some of the best career options after 12th biology.
After completing a BPT, there are many different career options available to physiotherapy graduates. Here are just a few of the many options available:
- Private Practice: You can either start your own private practice or work for an existing one. This option allows you to be your own boss and set your own hours.
- Hospital Setting: You can work in a hospital setting either as part of the inpatient rehabilitation team or in the outpatient department.
- Nursing Home Setting: You can work in a nursing home setting to help rehabilitation patients regain their strength and mobility.
Things to remember while switching from PCB to other courses
1. Commerce stream
As a science student, you are used to challenging topics and critical thinking skills. This is useful for business. You can perfect this with work. Prepare for CA, CS, and CMA exams during graduation.
These exams are necessary for a successful business career. If you’re considering switching to commerce, prepare for these examinations.
After graduation, you can pursue an MBA. These programs teach your business skills and expertise.
With an MBA, you can work in a variety of industries, including finance, marketing, and consulting. You can also start your own business.
2. Arts Stream
Are you considering switching from Science to Arts? Here are some things to keep in mind as you make your decision.
Switching from Science to Arts is simpler than going from Arts to Science. This is because the Arts stream is more flexible and offers more courses. As an Arts student, you will have less work than your Science counterparts.
Depending on your themes, you may need to review 11th and 12th grade material. This is because the Arts stream covers so many topics, you may not have encountered them all before.
Some employment alternatives if you switch to Arts are hotel manager, journalist, filmmaker, and graphic designer.
Arts students have several options after class 12th. They can apply for arts courses in different universities and colleges. But it is difficult for the students to choose a course which suits them well.
In this article, we will discuss about the best courses for arts students after class 12th. We will also discuss some of the best career options after 12th Arts.